Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
Deleting the BACKOUT.TTS file.
Novell NetWare 5.0
Novell NetWare 5.1
After mounting SYS, the server said that it had # backout transactions.
Asked question: Do you want to backout of this transaction? Y N.
The files it was referring to were *.DSD.
1. Bring up the server with "server -ns".
2. Loadstage 1
4. Load NWCONFIG & Rename SYS to SYSOLD.
5. Mount SYSOLD and use JCMD to delete the BACKOUT.TTS file.
6. Dismount SYSOLD and rename it back to SYS.
If JCMD will not load (as it may be complaining that STREAMS.NLM and/or other NLMs are not loaded) you may have to do the following:
1. SEARCH ADD SYSOLD:\SYSTEM\
2. LOADSTAGE 3
3. Try to load JCMD again (or CPQFM, TOOLBOX, or another server-side file editing utility).
BACKOUT.TTS might get removed in step 4, when the SYS volume is renamed.
For NetWare 6, use the NWCONFIG.NLM from NetWare 5.x. This can be obtained from a support pack or from the NWSERVER directory from a NW 5.x server. This should only be used to rename SYS. The recommended way to do this is to put NWCONFIG.NLM on a floppy and load it from there by typing LOAD A:/NWCONFIG.NLM at the system console. This will give you the functionality to rename SYS. This will only work if SYS is a traditional volume.